Are there any sector maps?

AO is the main topic, but you can also talk about things like the latest console game you've played, web comics, movies, music, etc. as they pertain to your AO experience.

Moderators: AOU Team, Forum Moderators, Site Managers

Greenwolf

Are there any sector maps?

Post by Greenwolf » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:20 pm

Are there any maps that have the areas divided into sectors so that you could easily tell a position in the middle of the desert for example? Since there is no other way to get coordinates for some area other than go there by your self and press F9 coordinating a (roleplay) military attack becomes very hard.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Greetings,

To be honest, from my point of view as a General in OP who has coordinated and assisted with the planning of quite a few events over the last few years, if you are coordinating a roleplaying event and you havent scouted the area first - that seems a little odd. When you are scouting and allowing the scenario to be set up in your plans then surely gaining coordinates comes hand in hand with that along side making references to land points.

With regards to your question, I have no idea :)

- Katelin

Greenwolf

Post by Greenwolf » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:00 pm

I meant a situation where you would need to tell the location of an area in the middle of a wide desert to others. With yalm it would be ofcourse easy quickly scan a whole zone but yalms aren't available allways (Both in OOC and IC)

I have been planning some scouting scenarios to the Newland Desert and Wailing Wastes for example. It would be great if you could just say: "Come to sector A2" and the other player would be able to see from his/her map where that location is.

Ukblizzard
AOU Community Legend

Post by Ukblizzard » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:05 pm

Are you meaning that you are at that location already and you want people to meet you there?

Greenwolf

Post by Greenwolf » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:16 pm

Ahh, I just noticed that CSPMap actually has coordinates on the last layer of the map. :wink: Im off to coordinate some squad movements :D